Dear all international students of Medical School,
Please kindly be noted that Ningbo University’s winter vacation lasts from January 22 to February 28,February 16 is spring festival.
New semester registration
All current international students (including 2017batch,2016batch,2015batch,2014batch,2013batch) are required to register with a valid residence permit(passport),a voucher and an agreement or contract with the owner’s contact are necessary to take for the students living out of campus and changed the location after last registration in the office 104 of Medical school from March 1 to March 4,classes will begin on March 5.Please prepare for that,buy the ticket in advance and make sure that you will arrive at university before March 4.The students who do not make the registration will be considered as quit school.
Fees and visa extension
1. The students whose visa will expire on July 6 should prepare for tuition fee,room fee and visa extension.Because international student affairs center need some time to prepare your visa extension materials, please get your visa extended before June 20,2018 and pay off your tuition fee,room fee before visa extension.Medical school will not accept visa extension after June 20,2018.If you have any questions and problems about visa extension and fees,please contact Suki before June 20,2018.
2. The 2013 batch students who do the internship in Ningbo should pay the whole tuition fee,room fee before visa extension.The 2013 batch students who do the internship in your country should pay 3000 student status registration fee before Oct 31 of every academic year.Every student in 2013 batch is required to pay 3000yuan in ICBC account and give the receipt to Ms suki before you get the internship manual in Ms tan’s place.
Every student is required to reach university before March 4 and attend the classes on time,anyone fails to attend classes on time will be marked as absent.On March 5,Ms.Suki will check the attendance.From next semester,Ms.Suki will check the class attendance irregularly,if any student is found absent or late more than twice(including twice) will be given notice of criticism.The students who have more than 10 credit hours absent will be given punishment according to the class performance regulations as follows .Any student given any forms of punishment will lose the qualification to apply for the scholarship,and can not get recommendation letter from Medical school.
Students who have been given a serious warning for their disciplinary behaviors shall not be granted a degree.
Students who violate school provisions twice and imposed by disciplinary sanction shall be expulsed from academic status.
1. Obey the relevant provisions on religious affairs issued by the People’s Republic of China and Ningbo University.Do not organize or attend religious activities at the dormitories and on campus.Do not preach,contact religious fellows on campus.
2. If attend legal religious activities,please go to legally registered venues such as Taoist temple,mosques and churches.
About traffic safety
1. No motorbikes,fuel bicycles and tricycles.
2. No carrying anybody while riding bikes or e-bikes.
3. No package delivering and take-out food delivering with e-bikes.
4. No speeding driving.The maximum legal speed limit of e-bikes and cars in campus is 20km/h.
5. Parking e-bikes,bikes and cars in designated parking lot according to the parking regulation.
6. No drunk biking or driving.
About personal safety
1. Keep your room and public area clean and tidy.
2. Manage your time wisely and go to bed before 11:00pm every day.
3. Take good care of your student card,room card and room key,do not borrow or lend.If lost,report it to the dorm office as soon as possible.
4. Do not cook or use high-power appliance in your room.Do not have barbecue and play fireworks on campus.Do not make take-out food in the public kitchen or your room.
5.Keep and lock your valuables in your room,lock the door and windows when you leave.
6.Do not allow your friends stay at night in your room.Avoid bringing any strangers to your own room.Report anything suspicious to the dorm office,security office or your teacher.
7.If you plan to travel outside, please let your teacher or your friend know.it’s strongly recommended that you take public transportation,follow traffic rules to avoid accidents and not to travel alone.
8.When you travel outside, please make sure avoid walking alone, especially at night. Always keep away from remote regions and places to ensure your safety. Do not trust strangers easily and follow the first-acquaintance ”friend“to any strange and outlandish places. Avoid bringing any strangers to your own dormitory. Whenever you notice any suspicious activities or person, remember to report it to the dorm staff,faculty teacher or security office.
9.Avoid bringing a large amount of cashes, cell phone, laptop and other valuable belongings with you when staying in the public place, tourism spots, shopping mall and other crowed places. Keep super vigilance and remember to check others’ identity when receiving a fraud phone call from strangers or text messages telling you that you have won a lottery or asking you to transfer money to a specific account.
10.Do not drink or smoke.Do not buy beverage and food from a stand that does not have a hygienic license.Pay attention to food hygiene and go to the hospital when feeling unwell.
11.The weather in Ningbo is cold,so we advise all to keep warm at all the time,during Spring Festival,many shops will be closed,so the students who stay in Ningbo need to do the preparation in advance,such as food,drinks and so on.
12.International students who stay in China except for hotels have to do the accommodation registration within 24 hours after moving in.If the students who fail to register will be given warning and fine according to the provisions of Exit and Entry Administration Law of the people’s Republic of China.
13.Any behavior violates the regulations of University or Chinese law will be dealt with according to the related regulations.
14.Last but not the least,communication devices such as cell phones are strongly advised to be in good use during the vacation. When you leave campus for travelling or visiting your friends,please let Ms Suki know(Wechat ID:18758356135,phone no.18758356135/686135)
Wish you a happy vacation and happy new year!